Patricia A. Canfield
The Town Clerk's Office is the center of town government. The Town Clerk maintains Town Board records and publishes notices of public hearings. As the Registrar, the Town Clerk keeps birth and death records; issues birth and death certificates and burial permits; and conducts genealogical searches. The Town Clerk is an elected office with a four-year term.
Please Note: There are secure drop boxes available at the front entrance of the Town Offices located on Main St. for DMV and Town Hall after business transactions (dog license renewals, etc.)
Town of LeRoy 48 Main Street LeRoy, NY 14482
Phone: (585) 768-6910 ext. x229e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday thru Friday 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM,
- After Hours - Call for an appt.
- Month of Jan. only - Thursday Evenings until 7:00 PM
Bunnell Park schedule
The Town of LeRoy is responsible for Bunnell Park, located on Summit St. Road, adjacent to LeRoy High School. Bunnell Park is a carry in – carry out park. Contact the Town Clerk for reservations.
All dogs four months of age or older must be licensed and renewed yearly in the town where the dog resides per NYS Ag & Markets Law. There are no prior forms to complete. The dog owner must provide proof of current rabies (rabies must be current within thirty days of the license being issued or renewed). The license and tag are issued to the owner at the time of the license sale. Fees are as follows:
- $5.00 - Altered
- $13.00 - Unaltered
- $3.00 - Replacement Tag
Town of LeRoy - Five or more dogs must have a Special Use Permit issued by the Town of LeRoy.Village of LeRoy - Three or more dogs must have a Use Variance issued by the Town of LeRoy.
Proof of Identification is required - Birth Certificate, Drivers License, Passport, Military or Employee Photo ID, etc.
- The fee for the license is $40.
- Certified copies are $10.
- Both bride and groom must sign the marriage certificate.
- When the license is issued, there is a 24 hour waiting period.
- License is valid for 60 days beginning the day after issuance.
- If both applicants are 18 years of age or older, no parental consent is required.
- If either bride or groom have a prior marriage, all divorce papers must be presented, or a death certificate if applicable.
Birth, Death, and Marriage records that are issued in the Town are kept on file and considered permanent records. Certified copies can be issued with proper identification, as these records are confidential. Records for genealogy (50 or more years) can be copied for $11 and are stamped genealogy only.
Hunting & Fishing Licenses
The DEC license year is from October 1st through September 30th. New York State Drivers License is required to prove residency. For a complete listing of fees and requirements: go to www.dec.state.ny
Town & County Property Taxes
Taxes are paid to Patricia Canfield Collector, 48 Main Street, LeRoy NY 14482. Taxes are mailed out December 31st to homeowners and notice of tax collection is published twice in the Batavia Daily News. If you are a homeowner and your taxes are held in escrow, or if there is a problem with your escrow account, contact your mortgage company prior to January 31st to avoid any possible late fees.
- January 1 – 31st - pay amount listed on the tax bill without penalty.
- February 1st – March 31st follow the fee schedule and include any late fees.
- After March 31st - all bills, including interest, must be paid to the Genesee County Treasurer, County Bldg. No. 1, 15 Main Street, Batavia NY 14020 - 344-2550 ext. 2210.
Transfer Station Cards
Hours of operation are Saturdays from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM Circular Hill Road, near the railroad tracks.
Transfer Cards are $27.00 and sold at the Town of LeRoy Office, 48 Main Street, and at Crockers Ace Hardware. The transfer station does not accept cash. If you still have an older card, do not discard it, they are still accepted. The transfer station offers disposal for bagged garbage, metal, and a roll off container for large items. Recycling and clean yard waste are also accepted free of charge. Please see the attendant before unloading if you have any questions.
Please Note: If it is difficult to come into Town Hall to purchase a card, please mail or drop your check in the white box in front of the Town Hall for $27 we will mail you back a card.